Travelling From A to Z with Backpack Me
Backpack ME a great love story
Do you like a good love story?
For me, as long as it involves Jon Snow king of the north hooking up with Daenerys Targaryen the queen of dragons I’m ok with love stories.
This love story, however, involves neither but it’s centred around travel and I love to travel.
The premise of the story goes like this: Two individuals who grew up in two different countries met in Dubai and fell in love. In 2011 they
In the Departure Lounge this week I get to speak with the power couple behind Backpack ME, Ashray and Zara
- Pack light, always!
- Keep more than one credit or debit card, in case one doesn’t work
- Don’t drive long distances at night
- Pack our most valuable items on our day packs that stay with us, and divide them between the both of us
- Don’t overthink things and go with the flow!
- Keep an eye on FlyerTalk to learn about awesome flight deals.
- Use Matrix Airfare Search to work out good flights, especially when we’re doing multicity or we have a lot of flexibility and want to understand what prices are like across different days and even weeks.
- Always, always, always use a backpack with wheels. We seriously don’t understand why backpackers would rather destroy their backs carrying all that weight around…
- If we book hotels, we always use this method to save around 20%
- If renting via Airbnb for a longer period of time, we message hosts to ask for a better price than the listed one. Most time, it works pretty well!
- What are your top 5 travel things you must bring in your carry on, purse and/or satchel?
- What is your most prized souvenir you brought back from abroad and what’s its story?
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. If you purchase a product, I may earn a commission. This commission comes at no extra cost to you. Please remember that I never recommend a product just for the commission — I only recommend something I genuinely believe in, trust and/or use personally. The small income I make here will help in maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support!