Yeah I know, it’s a dirty job but…somebody has to do it 😉
I met these two in various Facebook travel blogger groups but where I really got to know them was on their YouTube channel. Cute, modest, nuggets of YT gold storytelling as they discover what’s in their backyard and what hidden gems can be unearthed when abroad. Hotels, cafes, adventure parks, restaurants all filmed professionally and especially fun when Kuma the corgi makes a cameo appearance.
They can talk gear, work a camera and a lens
just the same as walking and rocking the latest fashion trends.
Yes everyone and their mother has a travel blog these days but the difference between us and them…
They make it look good.
- How do you incorporate travel & fashion into your travels? How do you prepare? Can you give us some tips?
We don’t always include style and fashion tips in our travel blogs but when we do, we lay out exactly what we’re going to wear on what day. We also do some research and try to find any hidden gems in the place we’re travelling to so that our readers can get a little something extra.
- Share one of your favourite travel stories. How do these type of experiences change you as people?
One of our favourite travel stories is from our California road trip. We didn’t do the typical California road trip where you drive along the coast. We decided to go an unconventional route and had the greatest time finding these new places that not a lot of people talk about or visit on a regular basis. Manzanar National Monument was very moving and emotional for us and the town nearby, Lone Pine was a fun little adventure (even getting lost was fun!).
- What are your top 5 travel rules that you follow every time you travel and why?
- Always have a good time
- Try all the good food
- Respect the culture
- Explore and experience as much as we can
- Take pictures and video but always remember to set aside some time to enjoy your surroundings without those gadgets
- What are your top 5 travel hacking tips and tricks?
- Book cruises through a travel agent – you’ll always get some kind of perk
- Always carry wipes with you – wipe down everything on your seat when flying
- Pack your hat the proper way in your suitcase
- Download a translator app and offline maps to your phone
- Instead of booking expensive hotels, try looking for cheaper Airbnb rentals
- What are your top 5 travel things you must bring in your carry on, purse and/or satchel?
- All camera gear
- USB charger
- What is the most prized souvenir you brought back from abroad and what’s its story?
The Ganesha from Bali. I was going through a hard time while I was on this trip and one of the girls I met gifted me this Ganesha to bring me good luck. It was such a touching gesture and it’s something very meaningful to me.
- Where are you off to next and what are hoping to experience, eat, see and/or learn?
Travelling to Japan next and currently researching Galapagos, Australia and Copenhagen. We’re hoping to make it to at least one of those places! We are huge lovers of wild animals and Galapagos and Australia have some of the most unique animals to see like the giant tortoises, koalas and kangaroos.
Ok fine, no one has ever said that to me, but I feel it’s what they’re thinking…
Nevermind. Ladies, thank you so much for taking the time to hang out with me in the Departure Lounge. 🙂
Be sure to connect with Crystal & Candy on Social Media:
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. If you purchase a product, I may earn a commission. This commission comes at no extra cost to you. Please remember that I never recommend a product just for the commission — I only recommend something I genuinely believe in, trust and/or use personally. The small income I make here will help in maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support!