Ep. 012: The Future Of Travel – Post Pandemic
The Corona Virus Chronicles (Week 12) with Dave Bouskill & Debra Corbeil – The Planet D)
In this episode, Christopher sits down with two of the top travel bloggers in the world to talk about the future of the travel and tourism industry post-COVID-19 and pre-vaccine. The husband and wife team, Dave Bouskill and Debra Corbeil from the award-winning travel blog The Planet D, have visited over 115 countries on all 7 continents, working with industry partners in the travel space and offer a unique perspective when it comes to the future of travel.
Table of Contents
- 1 Ep. 012: The Future Of Travel – Post Pandemic
- 1.1 The Corona Virus Chronicles (Week 12) with Dave Bouskill & Debra Corbeil – The Planet D)
- 1.2 About The Guest
- 1.3 Resources, Tips & Tricks:
- 1.4 Dave & Deb’s Future Travel Predictions
- 1.5 Related Blog Posts, Podcast Episodes & Books
- 1.6 Getting My Parents Home In The Florida Snowboard – The Planet D
- 1.7 Sponsors:
Resources, Tips & Tricks:
Dave & Deb’s Future Travel Predictions
- Some airports are only allowing travellers in the airport.
- The airport experience will change. The airport will most likely implement machines that can detect if you have a fever when you pass through them.
- Travel will be more expensive.
- Travel will get back to normal in 2021. People will accept living with the virus (with or without a vaccine)
- Air Canada is looking to return to regularly scheduled flights by the end of the year
- Airbnb’s booking has been going up. Airbnb allows you to self isolate much better.
- What will happen to hostels? Maybe the people who don’t mind being in crowds at beaches and parks will be the ones who are ok with staying in hostels.
- Tours probably won’t change. They would implement COVID protocols
- Food tours might struggle but outdoor nature tour will do well
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. If you purchase a product, I may earn a commission. This commission comes at no extra cost to you. Please remember that I never recommend a product just for the commission — I only recommend something I genuinely believe in, trust and/or use personally. The small income I make here will help in maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support